The re-authorization of the National Flood Insurance Program has been pushed back and is due by midnight on July 31, 2018. Unless Congress re-authorizes the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) brokers will not be able to sell or renew flood insurance policies starting August 1, 2018. If Congress fails to re-authorize the NFIP, consumers and business owners will have only a few options to purchase or retain flood insurance coverage.
Failure to re-authorize the program means insureds will need to renew their existing NFIP flood policies fast or insureds can purchase a flood insurance policy from the growing private flood insurance market.
DUAL Commercial, a leading Specialty Program Administrator offering Property & Casualty insurance programs, provides seasoned underwriters to help address the expected surge in the private flood market. Also, DUAL offers an intuitive online Flood Portal will help brokers quote Private Flood quickly for rushed buyers. Our Flood Portal is an easy way to get a quote 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. For more information about our Flood Portal please contact email@example.com.
Private Primary Flood Program Highlights:
- Nationwide Non-Admitted coverage available
- Building & Contents combined limit up to $5,000,000
- Business Interruption/Loss of Rents coverage
- Replacement Cost loss adjustment
- Minimum Deductible – $2000
- Competitive rates against the renewing NFIP policy
- The ability to schedule multiple locations in one policy
- No Elevation Certificate needed on certain risks
- Basement coverage available on certain risks
- Lender acceptance of policy wording
- Excess Flood limits available up to $20,000,000